If you’ve been following my blog, you might have noticed all my recipes so far have been simple and veggie based. Great tasting fruit and vegetable sides encourage healthy eating whether you’re an adult or a child. And who couldn’t use more fruits and vegetables in their diet? So here’s another recipe you can whip up fast. It’s cheap, simple, and delicious. Plus it looks and tastes way fancier than plain old frozen peas.
Fancy Frozen Peas
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 Cups frozen peas
1/2 Tbsp white italian condiment(a mixture of basalmic and white wine vinegar), balsamic vinegar, or a wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add oil to pan on medium high.
2. Once oil is hot, add minced garlic, tarragon, and basil. Saute until fragrant.
3. Add peas to pan .
4. Stir to coat peas in spices. Warm peas until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
5. Add vinegar and stir to coat peas, cook 1 additional minute.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Click HERE to print recipe.
My kids usually fight eating their peas, but they ate these. Especially my youngest, he had 3 servings. If you like your peas more sweet, you can add extra vinegar (one Tbsp instead of a half).
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Check out the Food label for more great recipes!