If you’ve been following my blog, you might have noticed all my recipes so far have been simple and veggie based. Great tasting fruit and vegetable sides encourage healthy eating whether you’re an adult or a child. And who couldn’t use more fruits and vegetables in their diet?
So here’s another recipe you can whip up fast. A frozen peas recipe that’s cheap, simple, and delicious. Plus, it looks and tastes way fancier than plain old frozen peas.
Fancy Frozen Peas Recipe
- 1.5 Tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried Tarragon
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 1/2 Tbsp White Italian Condiment Can Substitute basalmic or wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add oil to pan on medium high.
- Once oil is hot, add minced garlic, tarragon, and basil. Saute until fragrant. (a minute or 2)
- Add frozen peas to pan
- Stir to coat peas in spices. Heat peas until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar and stir to coat peas, cook 1 additional minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
My kids usually fight eating their peas, but they ate these. Especially my youngest, he had 3 servings. If you like your peas more sweet, you can add extra vinegar (one Tbsp instead of a half).
I hope you enjoy this frozen peas recipe. Click HERE for more great recipes on the Let’s Go Hobby Blog!